Thursday 7 February 2013

Assignment #1


I'm Still Losing Friends Series
Ricardo Moraes

Photojournalism/Documentary
Photography


This picture really caught my attention as I feel that it is a very emotional photograph. I think what makes this an effective photograph is that it shows real-life emotion, no staging, and draws the viewer in by feeling empathy for the boy grasping the coffin. I also think that most people can relate to this photo as it relates to death. The strong focus on the boy hugging the coffin gives emphasis to the situation, showing how death can affect people. In the background, it shows more people looking like they are lining up behind the boy to say their final words to the deceased. The subtle white cast around the boy and the coffin makes them even more the main focus of the picture. Showing the boy's facial expressions against the coffin is an effective way to portray that this photo was taken during a tragedy.





I'm Still Losing Friends Series- Ricardo Moraes
Photojournalism/Documentary Photography



I'm Still Losing Friends Series- Ricardo Moraes
Photojournalism/Documentary Photography

 



No comments:

Post a Comment